Have you ever wished you could unlock your Windows PC using your Android phone’s fingerprint scanner? Imagine how convenient it would be to avoid typing passwords or PINs every time you want to log in to your computer. Or how secure it would be to use your biometric data instead of relying on easily hackable passwords.
If you are looking for a smart and secure way to access your Windows computer, then you are in the right place. In this blog post, I will show you how to remotely unlock your Windows PC using your Android phone’s fingerprint scanner. This is a simple and effective method that works on any Windows PC and any Android phone with a fingerprint sensor.
You can remotely unlock your Windows PC using your Android phone’s fingerprint scanner by using an app called Remote Fingerprint Unlock. This app allows you to pair your phone with your PC over the local network and use your fingerprint to authenticate on the app and unlock your PC. It is fast, easy, and safe to use.
What is Remote Fingerprint Unlock?
Remote Fingerprint Unlock is an app developed by XDA Member Andrew-X. It consists of two modules: a library for Windows and an app for Android. The library for Windows is a small program that runs in the background and listens for authentication requests from the app. The app for Android is a user-friendly interface that lets you scan your fingerprint and send it to the library for verification.
Remote Fingerprint Unlock supports local, Microsoft, and domain accounts on Windows. It also supports light, dark, and black UI themes on Android. You can choose between local network, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi tethering, or USB tethering as the connection method between your phone and your PC.
How to Set Up Remote Fingerprint Unlock
Setting up Remote Fingerprint Unlock is very easy. You just need to follow these steps:
- Download and install Remote Fingerprint Unlock from the Google Play Store
- Download and install the latest Windows Fingerprint Credential module from the XDA thread on your Windows PC. Be sure to read the setup instructions carefully.
- Open the Android app and go to the Scan section. Tap on the plus icon at the bottom right corner and select your PC from the list of available devices. If you don’t see your PC, make sure both devices are connected to the same network or paired via Bluetooth.
- Enter a name for your PC and tap on Save. You will see a notification on your PC asking you to allow the connection. Click on Yes.
- Go to the Accounts section in the app and tap on the plus icon at the bottom right corner. Select your PC from the list of devices and enter your Windows username and password. Tap on Save.
- Go to the Unlock section in the app and select your PC from the list of devices. Scan your fingerprint on your phone and see if it unlocks your PC.
Why Use Remote Fingerprint Unlock?
There are many benefits of using Remote Fingerprint Unlock to access your Windows PC. Here are some of them:
- It is convenient. You don’t have to type anything or remember anything. You just need to scan your fingerprint on your phone and unlock your PC in seconds.
- It is secure. Your fingerprint data is not stored or transmitted anywhere. It is only used locally on your phone and verified by the library on your PC. The communication between the app and the library is encrypted using AES-256.
- It is versatile. You can use it with any Windows PC and any Android phone with a fingerprint sensor. You can also use it with multiple PCs and multiple accounts.
- It is customizable. You can choose between different connection methods, UI themes, lock modes, wake modes, etc.
What are the Alternatives to Remote Fingerprint Unlock?
Remote Fingerprint Unlock is not the only option to remotely unlock your Windows PC using your Android phone’s fingerprint scanner. There are some alternatives that you can try as well:
- Samsung Flow: This is an official app from Samsung that lets you unlock your Windows PC from a Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet using Smart View or Bluetooth. It also lets you sync notifications, messages, files, etc. between your devices.
- Windows Unlock with Windows Hello companion devices: This is a feature from Microsoft that lets you unlock your Windows PC using compatible IoT devices such as wearables or smart cards. You can attach them to your PC via USB or NFC or carry them in your pocket paired with Bluetooth.
- Unified Remote: This is an app that lets you control your Windows PC from your Android phone using various remotes such as keyboard, mouse, media, etc. You can also use it to unlock your PC using a custom script and a Tasker plugin.
Remote Fingerprint Unlock is a smart and secure way to access your Windows PC using your Android phone’s fingerprint scanner. It is simple, user-friendly, and effective. It works on any Windows PC and any Android phone with a fingerprint sensor. It is also customizable and versatile.
If you want to try Remote Fingerprint Unlock, you can download it from the Google Play Store and follow the setup instructions from the XDA thread. You will be amazed by how easy and convenient it is to unlock your PC with your fingerprint.
I hope you found this blog post useful and informative. If you did, please share it with your friends and family who might be interested in this topic. And if you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
- Q: Is Remote Fingerprint Unlock safe to use?
- A: Yes, Remote Fingerprint Unlock is safe to use. Your fingerprint data is not stored or transmitted anywhere. It is only used locally on your phone and verified by the library on your PC. The communication between the app and the library is encrypted using AES-256.
- Q: How can I remove Remote Fingerprint Unlock from my PC or phone?
- A: To remove Remote Fingerprint Unlock from your PC, you need to uninstall the Windows Fingerprint Credential module from the Control Panel. To remove it from your phone, you need to uninstall the app from the Google Play Store or the Settings app.
- Q: What if I lose my phone or change my fingerprint?
- A: If you lose your phone or change your fingerprint, you can still unlock your PC using your regular password or PIN. You can also use another device that has Remote Fingerprint Unlock installed and paired with your PC.
- Q: Can I use Remote Fingerprint Unlock with other biometric sensors such as face or iris?
- A: No, Remote Fingerprint Unlock only works with fingerprint sensors. However, you can use other apps or features that support other biometric sensors such as Samsung Flow or Windows Hello.