WhatsApp, the popular messaging app, has announced that it is adding a new feature that will enable users to add two mobile numbers on one WhatsApp app. This feature will be rolled out to Android users in the coming weeks, and will make it easier for people who have multiple SIM cards or devices to use WhatsApp with different accounts.
How to set up a second account?
Setting up a second WhatsApp account on the same app is a simple process. Users will need a second phone number and SIM card, or a device that supports multi-SIM or eSIM technology. Once they have the necessary hardware in place, they just need to follow these steps:
- Go to WhatsApp settings and tap on the arrow located next to your name.
- Select “Add account.” This step initiates the setup process for your second account.
- You will have full control over privacy and notification settings for each of your accounts, according to details mentioned on the official blog of the messaging platform.
Why is this feature important?
This feature is a big update considering people previously had to use a dual or clone app feature on phones to be able to use two different accounts on one device. WhatsApp has done a great job by rolling out this feature to make many people’s jobs easier to connect with users using different numbers. For example, this feature can be useful for:
- Business owners who want to separate their personal and professional contacts.
- Travelers who want to use a local SIM card while keeping their original number.
- Families who want to share a device among multiple members.
When will this feature be available?
WhatsApp has just announced this feature and confirmed that multiple accounts on one app will be rolled out in the coming weeks, which means users can expect it to arrive by the end of October or early November. Currently, the beta testers of WhatsApp can start using this feature. The feature will first arrive for the Android version of WhatsApp. It is currently unknown when the company plans to release the same for the iOS version.