Volkswagen Taigun Launched, Prices Start at Rs 10.49 lakh
Volkswagen is expected to launch its new 7 cars in the year 2021-2022. Volkswagen Tiguan 2021, Volkswagen Passat 2021, and Volkswagen Virtus are launching soon in India at an estimated price of Rs. 28.00 Lakh, Rs. 30.00 Lakh, and Rs. 10.00 Lakh, respectively.
It is likely to be priced from Rs 28 lakh (ex-showroom) onwards.
- Seating Capacity – The facelifted Tiguan will come in a 5-seater layout.
- Engine and Transmission – Volkswagen will offer the SUV with the Tiguan Allspace’s 2-litre turbo-petrol engine (190PS/320Nm), mated to a 7-speed DSG. It will also get an all-wheel-drive system.
- Features – The SUV could pack features like a larger touchscreen system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a wireless phone charger, a digital instrument cluster, and connected car tech. The panoramic sunroof, cruise control, and three-zone climate control will be carried forward from the pre-facelift model.
- Safety – Safety features will include seven airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), and front and rear parking sensors.
- Rivals – The facelifted Tiguan will lock horns with the Jeep Compass, Hyundai Tucson, Citroen C5 Aircross.
It gets cosmetic tweaks like new bumpers, headlamps, taillamps, and alloy wheels.
The 2021 Tiguan will also get a 2-liter turbo-petrol engine mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.
Tiguan’s features list will see a few updates too, such as ambient lighting and connected car tech, is making a comeback to the Indian market in its facelifted avatar with a petrol engine,five-seater, premium mid-size SUV was previously offered with only a diesel engine and was discontinued at the start of the BS6 era in April 2020. The facelifted version made its global debut in July 2020 with minor cosmetic updates like the cleaner grille, new headlights and tail lamps, redesigned bumpers, new 18-inch alloys, and a new Night Blue shade.