Instagram verification is a feature that shows that an account belongs to the authentic and notable person, brand, or entity that it claims to represent. It helps users to find and follow the real accounts of their favorite celebrities, influencers, organizations, and businesses. It also protects them from falling for fake or impersonating accounts that might scam them or spread misinformation. Getting verified on Instagram can boost your credibility, visibility, and engagement on the platform, and give you access to exclusive features and benefits. But how do you get it? Is there a hack or a shortcut that can help you get the blue tick faster and easier? The only legitimate way to get verified on Instagram is to follow the official process and meet the criteria set by Instagram. Let’s find out.
What is Instagram Verification and Why Do You Need It?
Instagram verification is a feature that shows a blue checkmark next to an account name, indicating that Instagram has confirmed that the account belongs to the person, brand, or entity it represents. Verification helps users find and follow authentic accounts, and protects them from impersonation or fraud.
Getting verified on Instagram can have many benefits for your personal or professional brand. Some of the benefits are:
- It boosts your credibility and authority in your niche or industry
- It helps you stand out from the crowd and appear higher in search results
- It gives you access to exclusive features and tools, such as swipe-up links in stories, branded content ads, and insights
- It attracts more followers, engagement, and opportunities for collaboration or monetization
Here is an overview of how much top instagram influencers with verified badge are earning per post,
|Name||Username||Earnings Per Post||Followers|
|Cristiano Ronaldo||@cristiano||$ 2,397,000||442M|
|Kylie Jenner||@kyliejenner||$ 1,835,000||338M|
|Lionel Messi||@leomessi||$ 1,777,000||327M|
|Selena Gomez||@selenagomez||$ 1,735,000||320M|
|Dwayne Johnson||@therock||$ 1,713,000||315M|
As you can see, these influencers have a huge fan base and can charge a lot of money for promoting brands or products on their accounts. They also have the blue verification badge on their profiles, which indicates that they are authentic and verified by Instagram. This can help them attract more followers and engagement, and boost their credibility and authority.
What are the Requirements for Instagram Verification?
Before you apply for verification, you need to make sure that your account meets the basic requirements set by Instagram. These are:
- Authenticity: Your account must represent a real person, registered business, or entity. You cannot use a fake name, a fan account, or a parody account.
- Uniqueness: Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. You can only have one verified account per person or business, unless you have language-specific accounts.
- Completeness: Your account must be public and have a bio, profile photo, and at least one post. You cannot link to other social media platforms or websites in your bio.
- Notability: Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand, or entity. You must have featured in multiple news sources, and not paid or promotional content.
These requirements are not enough to guarantee that you will get verified, but they are necessary to qualify for the application process.
How to Apply for Instagram Blue Tick Verification Badge?
If you think that your account meets the requirements for verification, you can apply for it directly from the app. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings > Account > Request Verification.
- Fill in the application form with your full name, your known as or working name (if applicable), your category (such as music, sports, fashion, etc.), and your government-issued ID (such as passport, driver’s license, or national identity card). You can also upload a photo of your ID if you don’t have a scanned copy.
- Tap Submit and wait for the response from Instagram.
Instagram will review your application and notify you of their decision within a few days or weeks. You will receive a message in your notifications tab saying whether your request is approved or denied. If it is approved, you will see the blue tick next to your name immediately. If it is denied, you can reapply after 30 days.
Get Verified on Instagram Faster (10 Simple Hacks)
There is no official hack or shortcut that can help you get verified on Instagram instantly. However, there are some tips and tricks that can improve your chances of getting approved by Instagram. Here are some of them:
- Don’t try to buy an Instagram verification badge or use third-party services that claim to offer verification. These are scams that can compromise your account security and violate Instagram’s terms of service.
- Monitor for impostor accounts and report them to Instagram if you find any. This can help you prove that you are at risk of impersonation and need verification.
- Get more (real) followers by posting high-quality content, engaging with your audience, using hashtags, collaborating with other influencers, and promoting your account on other platforms.
- Delete any cross-platform links in your bio that direct users to other social media accounts or websites that are not yours. This can confuse users and make it harder for Instagram to verify your identity.
- Be highly-searched for by creating a strong online presence and reputation across multiple platforms and media outlets. You can do this by publishing articles, books, podcasts, videos, or other forms of content that showcase your expertise and value.
- Apply when your name is in the news or trending on social media. This can help you demonstrate that you are notable and relevant in your field or industry.
- Work with an agency or publicist that can help you get verified on Instagram by providing professional guidance and support.
- Be honest and accurate when filling out the verification form. Provide your real name and category, and upload a clear and valid ID or document. Do not provide false or misleading information, as this can disqualify your application or result in losing your badge.
- Be consistent and active on Instagram by posting regularly, updating your bio and profile picture, using stories and reels, and following the community guidelines.
- Be patient and persistent. Getting verified on Instagram can take time and multiple attempts. Don’t give up if you get rejected the first time. Keep working on improving your profile and content, and reapply after 30 days.
Tips to Maintain Your Blue Tick Verification Badge on Instagram
|Don’t change your username or account type||Changing your username or account type can cause you to lose your verification badge, as Instagram may not be able to verify your identity or category. If you need to change your username or account type, you should contact Instagram support and request a verification review.|
|Don’t transfer or sell your account||Transferring or selling your account to another person or entity is against Instagram’s terms of service and can result in losing your verification badge and account. You should only use your account for yourself or your authorized representatives.|
|Don’t use your profile picture or bio to promote other services||Using your profile picture or bio to promote other services that are not related to your account or brand can confuse users and make it harder for Instagram to verify your identity. You should use your profile picture and bio to showcase who you are and what you do, and avoid spamming or misleading links.|
|Follow the community guidelines and terms of service||Violating the community guidelines and terms of service can result in losing your verification badge and account. You should respect other users, avoid posting inappropriate or harmful content, and comply with the rules and regulations of Instagram.|
|Post regularly and update your content||Posting regularly and updating your content can help you maintain your verification badge and grow your audience. You should post high-quality content that is relevant to your niche or industry, use stories and reels to engage with your followers, and keep up with the latest trends and features on Instagram.|
Getting verified on Instagram is a dream for many users who want to stand out and grow on the platform. However, it is not a simple or guaranteed process. You need to meet the requirements, apply for verification, and wait for the response from Instagram. You also need to follow some tips and tricks that can help you increase your chances of getting approved. However, remember that verification is not the end goal, but a means to an end. It is a tool that can help you enhance your brand image, credibility, visibility, and engagement, but it is not a substitute for creating valuable and engaging content that connects with your audience and serves your purpose.
- Q: How much does it cost to get verified on Instagram?
- A: Nothing. Instagram does not charge any fee for verification. If you see any website, app, or person claiming that they can get you verified for a price, they are scams. Do not fall for them or share any personal or financial information with them.
- Q: How long does it take to get verified on Instagram?
- A: It depends on how many applications Instagram receives and how quickly they review them. It can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. You will receive a notification in your app when your request is approved or denied.
- Q: Can I lose my verification badge on Instagram?
- A: Yes. Instagram can remove your verification badge if you violate their terms of service or community guidelines, or if you change your username or transfer your account to someone else. You can also lose your badge if you use your profile picture, bio, or name to promote other services or products.
- Q: How many followers do you need to get verified on Instagram?
- A: There is no minimum number of followers required to get verified on Instagram. However, having more followers can help you prove that you are notable and have a high likelihood of being impersonated. Generally, verified accounts have thousands or millions of followers, but there are also some exceptions.