UPSC 2017 Prelims: UPSC is set to conduct Civil Service Prelims Examination Today (June 18, 2017) at various centres across the country. Around 11 to 12 lakh candidates appear for the UPSC Civil Service Examination 2017. The UPSC civil services examination is conducted in three phases to select officers for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and others: Preliminary Examination (Written Test), Main Examination (Written Test) and Personality Test (Interview).
UPSC Preliminary Examination has two papers. Paper 1 – General Studies (GS) and Paper 2 – Civil Service Aptitude Test. The prelims will be conducted in two shifts morning & Afternoon. The subjects involved in Paper 1 are History and Culture, Science and Technology, Geography, Current Affairs, Agriculture, Economy, Environment and General Awareness. The Paper 2 consists of Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT) carries question from reasoning, verbal, and quant.
Rules to Follow
The following are the things which should be taken to the UPSC Examination Hall
- Carry out the e-admit copy of the Hall Ticket to the exam hall
- Carry out two identical photographs with you
- Proof of identity such as aadhar card, Voter ID, Driving License is compulsory.
- Black ball point pen must be used to fill the OMR Sheets and name of the examiner
- Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, laptops, Bluetooth devices etc are not allowed inside the exam hall
- No valuable or costly items should bring to the examination centre
The qualified candidates in the UPSC Prelims are eligible to write UPSC Mains on October 28, 2017.
Stay tuned for more updates on Preliminary Examination of UPSC and its results on this site.