This Friday 27th July is one of the most remembered days by people of India as it was the death anniversary of India’s Former President and Missile Man of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. His full name was Dr Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam. He was fondly followed by many people mostly by students and youths for his inspiring words.
DR APJ Abdul Kalam was Born on October 15, 1931, in Tamil Nadu’s Rameswaram. He served the nation as 11th President of India between 2002 and 2007. That time he was called as People’s President. He received the title of missile man due to his immense contribution in the field of aeronautics.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has led his life as an eminent scientist, educationist, author, visionary, philanthropist and orator. He has written many books (nearly 25) and inspired millions of people by his philosophy ‘simple living and high thinking’. He was also associated with India’s space program and missile development program.
After served as the nation President, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam did what he loved. He taught the students till his last breath. He was honoured with several prestigious awards including India’s highest civilian honour “Bharat Ratna” in 1997. He died due to a cardiac arrest while delivering a lecture at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Shillong on July 27, 2015.
APJ Inspirational Quotes
- We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
- If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.
- Science is a beautiful gift to humanity; we should not distort it.
- Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me.
- Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
- Never stop fighting until you arrive at your destined place – that is, the unique you. Have an aim in life, continuously acquire knowledge, work hard, and have the perseverance to realise the great life.
- You see, God helps only people who work hard. That principle is very clear.
- For the success of any mission, it is necessary to have creative leadership. Creative leadership is vital for the government, non-governmental organisations as well as for industries.