The central government has made the rule which is must to link PAN with Aadhaar number. Also, the centre gave the last date as June 30, a day before on GST launch. It is another major foot by the India government to restrain the black money circulation in India.
The existing PAN card and Aadhaar card people should link the both details as per the rule. Also, those who all going to apply for a new PAN, they should quote their biometric authentication secured Aadhaar number.
“Every person who has been allotted Permanent Account Number as on the 1st day of July 2017, and who in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 139AA is required to intimate his Aadhaar number, shall intimate his Aadhaar number to the Principal Director General of Income-tax (Systems) or director general of Income-tax (Systems) or the person authorised by the said authorities,” a government notification had said.
Only a few more hours to left to link the Aadhaar and PAN. Get the step-by-step procedure to link your PAN number and Aadhar ID.
– Kindly visit to the official website of IT Department, https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
– Click on Link Aadhaar service tab on the left-hand side.
– Keep the details of PAN number, Aadhaar number and the name which mentioned as per the Aadhaar card.
– Enter the code as in the image OR use Request OTP checkbox (it is especially for the visually challenged people).
– Now, click on Link Aadhar button.
NOTE: In the case of any mismatch in Aadhaar name provided, an Aadhaar OTP will be required.
Then, the confirmation message will be displayed on the screen for the linking of Aadhaar with PAN. Also, a confirmation email will send to the registered email.