India vs Australia: After the great victory of India in the tour of Sri Lanka in ODI’s and only T20, India is ready to face Australia in their hometown. Australia meets the first of five One Day International (ODI) match against India today at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai on Sunday. The first ODI will start today (September 17) at 1:30 PM IST.
Recently Virat Kohli leads the team India and they won three test matches, five ODI’s and one T20 match. Recently Australia played two test series against Bangladesh which ended in a draw. Australia has not played ODI recently after World ICC. Before ICC trophy Australia had lost two matches against New Zealand in ODI.
India vs Australia Match Updates
- AUS-76/5 from 12 Overs
- Australia lost three more wickets
- Australia 20/2 from 5 Overs
- Another wicket lost by Australia, Smith out with one run from five balls
- Australia 15/1 from 4 overs
- Cartwright out for 1 run from 8 balls
- Australia lost one wicket
- Match Reduced to 21 Overs and the target is 164 runs due to rain
- DLS rule was applied and target for Australia is 238 runs from 37 Overs
- Match Delayed due to rain
- Innings Break
- Target for Australis is 282 runs from 50 overs
- India 281-7 from 50 Overs
- Dhoni Out for 79 runs
- Dhoni crossed Half Century
- India 262/6 from 48 overs
- India 64/4 from 16 Overs
- Rohit Sharma out for 28 runs from 43 balls.
- Rohit Sharma and Kedar Jhadav is on strike now
- Rahane out with five runs
- Virat Kohli and Manish Pandey was out with no runs
- India 22/3 from 7 Overs
- Virat Kohli is confident about their batting and he gives the turn for spinners this time.
- Suni Gavaskar said that the pitch is well and good for batting.
- Steve Smith said that the team Australia should bowl well.
- India won the toss and opt to bat first.
India vs Australia Playing 11:
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Virat Kohli(c), Manish Pandey, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah.
Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Hilton Cartwright, Steven Smith(c), Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade(w), James Faulkner, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa
The Australian players Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood are ruled out in this series as they are injured and Aaron Finch will not be the opener along with Warner and he is replaced by Peter Handscomb but Travis Head is expected to be the beginner with Warner. In Virat Kohli’s team, Shikar Dhawan will not be in the series for the first three matches and his place will be taken by Ajinkya Rahane and he will be the opener in batting along with Rohit Sharma.
The live first ODI between India and Australia will be broadcasted on TV channels such as Sky Sports, Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 1 HD in English and Hindi languages. The match is also live streamed online at HotStar.
India Squads: Virat Kohli (captain), Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Ajinkya Rahane, MS Dhoni (wk), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami.
Australia Squads: Steve Smith (captain), David Warner, Ashton Agar, Hilton Cartwright, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Patrick Cummins, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Matthew Wade (wk), Adam Zampa